Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme helps to develops finest leaders of tomorrow by assisting students with excellent university results and professionals from developing and emerging economies from all over the world with the opportunity to pursue fully-funded graduate studies programme at the University of Oxford. Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships will combined a comprehensive programme of leadership development, long-term mentoring and networking to enhance human capital development in relevant fields.
Brief History of Weidenfeld Scholarship
The Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme was established in year 2015, applause to generous donations from multiple donors to mark the 95th birthday of Lord Weidenfeld.
In June 2017, Chairman André Hoffmann pledged an additional donation of £9m to the Trust which, thanks to matched funding of £6m from Oxford University, will double the size of the Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme.
In addition to the Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarship and Leadership Programme the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust also has a partnership with the Louis Dreyfus Foundation and Chevening. The scholarships also benefit from partnerships with multiple colleges where the college contributes a portion of the funding and therefore successful candidates will be transferred to a partner college when taking up the scholarship.
About Weidenfeld Scholarship
Host Institution: Oxford University
Country: United kingdom
Target Group: International Students
Number of Scholarship: Not Specified
Level of Study: DPhil
- BCL Bachelor of Civil Law
- MBA Master of Business Administration
- MJur Magister Juris
- MPP Master of Public Administration and Policy
- MSc Advanced Computer Science
- MSc African Studies
- MSc Biodiversity, Conservation and Management
- MSc Comparative Social Policy
- MSc Contemporary Chinese Studies
- MPhil in Development Studies
- MSt Diplomatic Studies
- MSc Economics for Development
- MSc Education (Comparative and International Education)
- MSc Education (Higher Education)
- MSc Energy Systems
- MSc Environmental Change and Management
- MSc Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation
- MSc Financial Economics
- MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
- MSc Global Health Science and Epidemiology
- MSc International Health and Tropical Medicine
- MSt Islamic Studies and History
- MSt Jewish Studies
- MSt Korean Studies
- MSc Latin American Studies
- MSc Law and Finance
- MSc Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computing
- MSc Migration Studies
- MSc Modern Middle Eastern Studies
- MSc Modern South Asian Studies
- MSc Nature, Society and Environmental Governance
- MSc Refugee and Forced Migration Studies
- MSc Social Science of the Internet
- MSc Sustainability, Enterprise and the Environment
- MSc Water Science, Policy and Management
Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership programme will cover 100% of course fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £15,285). The awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
You can also apply for the following scholarship opportunities
- Oxford Centre For Islamic Studies Scholarships (OCIS) 2021/2022 At Oxford University
- Ertegun Graduate Scholarship Programme In The Humanities 2021/2022 At Oxford University
- China Scholarship Council Program 2021/2022 At University of Oxford In Uk.
Candidates who wish to apply for Weidenfeld Scholarship must fulfill the following criteria’s:
- You must be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford.
- You should be intending to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed. Students currently at Oxford are not eligible to apply unless they are already Weidenfeld-Hoffmann scholars.
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate a connection between your subject of study and your longer-term career objectives, explaining how you see your professional work contributing to the improvement of public life in your country of origin or at a wider regional or international level.
- The above qualities will be assessed during the selection process, including using your graduate application form, your Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships Questionnaire and (if relevant) your interview.
- This scholarship is not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offersto start in 2021-22.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhuta, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, China Tibet, China, Hong Kong SAR, China, Macau SAR, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Congo, Rep, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea (North), Korea (South), Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao PDR, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian territories, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Réunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia,, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan (Republic of China), Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste (East Timor), Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Candidate must complete application form online, you must select the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme in the University of Oxford Scholarships section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course. See the relevant course page for the deadline applicable to your course.