Tongarewa Scholarship: Victoria University of Wellington is delighted to announce it annual scholarship for 2021. The university is making this scholarship available to celebrate the University’s commitment to its international student community. Students to be considered are those applicants that are either entering the university for first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree programm at Victoria University of Wellington. Successful students are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing/ promoting the image and pedigree of the university if requested. See also Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS): 2021/2022 For International Students
About Tongarewa Scholarship
The scholarship was initiated by the host institution to inspire young academic scholars whose has demonstrated and achieve remarkable results in their course of study.
Location: New Zealand
Host Institution: Victoria University of Wellington
Level: Bachelor & Master’s Degree
Field of Study: all eligible courses at the University,
Number of Scholarship: estimated 10 scholarships for bachelor’s degree and 9 scholarships for Masters degree program.
Target Group: Tongarewa Scholarship will sponsor any International students from all over the world
Duration: One academic year
Deadline: 1 June/1 Sep/30 Nov 2021
Tongarewa scholarships ranges from $5,000 to NZ$10,000. This is a partial fee-based scholarship that will be paid towards your tuition fees for 1 year of study.
Students who receives of the Scholarship are guaranteed an offer of a place in the Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by the Accommodation Service by the required deadline. See also Government Scholarship In China For Master’s 2021/2022 At Wuhan University
Applicants should posses the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship.
- International students who are paying full international fees
- Entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- Completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school
- Completed the English Proficiency Programme or Foundation Studies Programme
- Are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from one of our overseas partner universities
- Are in your second year of study in the same degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington
Scholarship Specific Documentation
The following documentation must be provided as part of your online scholarship application:
- A personal statement of up to 500 words outlining why you wish to study at Victoria University of Wellington, your academic goals and why you merit the Scholarship. You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community.
- Full transcripts and other documentation relevant to the qualification type.
- An offer of place from Victoria University of Wellington (conditional or unconditional).
Regulations and conditions
· You must ompleted online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
A completed online application must be submitted before 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
To apply for the Tongarewa Scholarship for Trimester 2, 2021 by 1 June, click on this link: Apply online
To apply for the Tongarewa Scholarship for Trimester 3, 2021 by 1 Sept, click on this link: Apply online