The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Scholarship program at Stanford University cultivates a diverse, multidisciplinary community of emerging leaders from around the world and guides them to improve, collaborate, innovate, and communicate as they prepare to address the complex challenges facing our society. Through the King Global Leadership Program, scholars will widen knowledge, develop skills, and improve character, as scholars will go through community experiences, workshops, and meetings with leaders, domestic and global study trips, and personal development opportunities. See also Unicaf 2020 2021 University Scholarship Programme For Nigerian and Students Across the Globe
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars scholarship program cut across all 7 schools at Stanford. Knight-Hennessy Scholars are talented individuals with leadership potentials and they are made up of a multidisciplinary community of scholars. The program offers a platform for purposeful leadership improvement, and empowers you to effect large-scale positive impact in the world. See also Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships & Financial Aid for Nigeria and International Students Across the Globe 2020/2021
- Stanford University Masters/PhD Degree Scholars Scholarship 2020
- Deadline: 14 Oct 2020 (Annual)
- Official Scholarship Website: https://knight-hennessy.stanford.edu/
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars scholarship is a Full-time Masters and PhD degrees in any subject offered at Stanford
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars scholarship value:
Knight-Hennessy Scholars scholarship will receive funding for graduate study at Stanford University. The education of Knight-Hennessy Scholars is funded for up to 3 years for any graduate degree at Stanford. If your degree program exceeds 3 years – such as an MD or PhD program, or a Stanford dual- or joint-degree program – then your Stanford home department will fund the remainder of your education to the extent consistent with its standard funding commitment for that program. During each of the first 3 years of graduate study, Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive: see also Scholarships at Brunel University London for Students Across the Globe (2020)
- A fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
• A stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
• A travel grant intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Scholarship also may access supplemental funds to support academic enrichment (e.g., conference travel). After enrolling at Stanford, you may wish to enroll in an additional graduate program. In this case, you may apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program to receive additional funding up to a maximum of 3 years. See also AAUW $18,000, $20,000, $30,000 International Fellowships Scholarship in USA for Women from Nigeria and all over the world 2020/2021
Additional Funding for Special Situations: If you engage in optional research projects during the summer, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program may provide summer funding, through separate application. In addition, Knight-Hennessy Scholars pursuing positive impact through social ventures may be eligible to apply for seed funding. See also Fully funded 2020 Chevening Scholarships
Available Number of Scholarships
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars scholarship Target group:
The scholarship is for any students from all countries – there are no restrictions based on citizenship, age, field of study, career aspiration, etc.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars scholarship program is designed to be open to a broad set of qualified applicants. Applicants from all countries are eligible, and you may apply to any academic discipline in any of Stanford’s Graduate Schools. You are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if you are applying to enroll in a full-time graduate program(s) at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD) or if you plan on pursuing 1 of Stanford’s many joint- and dual- graduate degree options (for example, but not limited to, MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS). see also Fully Funded Mastercard UCT 2020/2021 Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship for African Students
Beyond eligibility for your graduate program, the eligibility factor is the year you received your undergraduate degree. You are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if you received your first/bachelor’s degree in 2014 or later. That means:
- You must have graduated in January 2014 through September 2021 to enroll at Stanford in Autumn 2021. If you graduated with your first/bachelor’s degree more than 6 years before applying (in 2013 or earlier, for the Autumn 2021 intake), then you are not eligible for consideration as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar. This applies even if you have earned an additional degree in 2014 or later. If you have earned a graduate degree, you remain eligible to enroll in 2021 as long as you earned your first/bachelor’s degree in 2014 or later.
• U.S. military (active or veteran) applicants: You receive a 2-year extension of eligibility due to longer service commitments. You are eligible if you earned your undergraduate (bachelor’s or first) degree in 2012 or later.
• If you are still in college studying for your first/bachelor’s degree, you are eligible to apply as long as you will complete your first/bachelor’s degree before you enroll as a graduate student at Stanford. It is advisable that applicants use the guidelines provided in the official website (link found below) to determine whether they are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program for Autumn 2021 enrollment.
Priority is given to applicants who will spend at least 2 years at Stanford, as the university does not believe 1 year is sufficient to form the desired community and for scholars to benefit from the leadership platform. see also Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service
Undocumented students are eligible to apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program, but must meet eligibility for the graduate program, including any work requirements. If you enrolled in a graduate degree program at Stanford in 2020 or earlier, you are ineligible for consideration as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar for your current degree program.See also Federal Government Teaching Recruitment
Knight-Hennessy Scholars scholarship Application Procedure
To be a Knight-Hennessy Scholar, you have to submit 2 applications:
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars online application
• Stanford graduate program application (application deadlines for Stanford Graduate programs can close as early as August 2020, with other deadlines falling between September and December 2020, so check the individual program websites for application deadlines for the course.)
In order to be considered for a Knight-Hennessy Scholar, you have to be admitted to a graduate program. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars application is now open for Autumn 2021 enrollment and is due 14 October 2020.