The opportunity to study abroad is here for you and your colleagues, Schulich Leader Scholarships is one you can not afford to miss. We understand that many students want to study overseas more especially in top universities and in a country where their security is assured. This scholarship programme recognizes students with outstanding academic records in the relevant fields of studies. Therefore, if you have in one or the other demonstrated or taken leadership roles in your community and also plan to study in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) area on either of UBC’s campuses during their undergraduate degree programme.
The good news is that I will take you all through the application procedures, explaining the scholarship details, amount to be awarded, eligibility criteria, deadline and all other relevant information you need to successfully submit your application. See also MENA Scholarship 2020/2021 For International Students | How To Apply
Brief Description of Schulich Leader Scholarships
Schulich Leader Scholarships was created by Canadian Business leader and philanthropist Seymour Schulich and are managed by the UJA Federation of Greater Toronto. Mr Schulich is a top notable entrepreneur and philanthropist who believes strongly in supporting young students to study science and technology. The aim of the Schulich Leader Scholarship is to encourage young with who have the passion to undertake scientific research and innovation. The scholarship program is administered by the UJA Federation of Greater Toronto. The selection of Schulich Leaders will take place or hold at McGill University and it is carried out by the Scholarships and Student Aid Office.
Host Country: Canada
Host Institution: McGill University
Target Group: International Students
Field of Study: Science and Technology
Duration: Four (4) years
Recipients of Schulich Leader Scholarships will receive the following according to fields of study.
- Schulich Leader Scholarships in Engineering are valued at $100,000 total.
- Engineering will receive annual payments of $25,000 over a period of four years if all renewal criteria are met.
- Schulich Leader Scholarships in Science are valued at $80,000 total.
- Science students will receive annual payments of $20,000 over a period of four years if all renewal criteria are met.
- CEGEP students completing only three years of study in Science will receive the fourth and final payment upon program completion.
Schulich leader scholarship winners
In recent years the followings students have successfully received Schulich Leader Scholarships
- Sacha Lajoie from Montréal and Terry Blakovits from Edmonton were chosen to represent the University as the first recipients of a Schulich Leader Scholarship 2012/2013
- Audrey-Ann Lavoie 2013/2014
- Ioana Fugaru and Vincent Rocheleau 2014/2015
- Rosemarie Dupont and Nicolas Tremblay 2015/2016
- Michelle Janusz and Camille Comtois 2016/2017
- Gabrielle Martineau and Nicolas Fillion 2018/2019
- Samuel Lefrançois and Maxime Langevin 2019/2020
Schulich Leader Scholarships Vision
The r Scholarships objectives are is to create the next generation of new technology innovators by recognizing the increasing importance and impact that STEM disciplines have on the prosperity of future generations. Businessman leaders and philanthropist Seymour Schulich established this $100+ million scholarship fund in 2012 to encourage Canada’s best and brightest students to become Schulich Leader Scholars: the next generation of entrepreneurial-minded, technology innovators.
To be eligible for Schulich Leader Scholarships
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada who is graduating from a Canadian high school, secondary school, or CEGEP.
- Must be nominated by your high school, secondary school, or CEGEP.
- You must possess at least two of the three following attributes:
- Should possess Leadership (community, business, or entrepreneurial) Academic excellence
- Financial need
- Be entrepreneurial-minded, intending to pursue a career in technology, innovation, engineering, and scientific research.
- Pursuing a career in medicine (practising physician) or medical research, and not intend to become a professor and conduct theoretical research.
Participating Universities and campus
UBC’s Okanagan campus
- Faculty of Applied Science (includes Engineering)
- Arts and Science (provided you register in a Bachelor of Science degree)
Vancouver UBC’s campus
- Faculty of Applied Science (includes Engineering)
- Land and Food Systems
How to Apply for Leader Scholarships
High school, secondary school, or CEGEP students in their final year of study are eligible to be selected by their respective schools as Schulich Leader nominees. High schools may nominate one student per year; CEGEPs may nominate two students.
For information on the application process, please visit the https://schulichleaders10.com/ website.
Deadline: The 2021/22 Schulich Leaders nomination period closes on January 27, 20201 in Canada.
Nominees must submit a separate online Schulich Leader application by February 17, 2021. A link to this application will be emailed by representatives from the Schulich Leader Scholarships office.
Schulich Leader Scholarship winners will be notified on or before June 15, 2021.