Mastercard Foundation Scholarship University of Toronto – University of Toronto is proudly partnering with The MasterCard Foundation to develop Africa’s next generation of leaders through resounding quality education. This scholarship partnership has provides several thousands of scholarships to young African undergraduates, enabling many successful participant to develop research ideas and making global imprint.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship University of Toronto with a visionary support, University of Toronto is delighted to be providing about 67 African students with one of the world’s famous top-ranked educations in one of the world’s most multi-cultural cities. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program opens up boundless opportunities for young Africans from economically disadvantaged communities, but with huge academic talent, potentials to lead, and motivation to make immediate difference. As a University of Toronto graduates and global citizens, they will return to Africa with the tools to change lives within their communities and across borders.
About Mastercard Foundation Scholarship University of Toronto
This scholarship is taken Toronto in Canada, countries that can apply for the University of Toronto Canada MasterCard Scholarship are sub-Saharan African countries, other French speaking countries in Africa. Since 1827, the University of Toronto has one of the strongest research and teaching faculties in North America and consistently ranks among the top universities in the world
Level & Field of Study
The scholarship is for undergraduate students in the Health field and other fields of study.
How To Get Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
If you are interested in becoming a Scholar, you must apply through the University of your Choice. Partner institutions have their own deadlines and admission fees. We recommend that you research the application guidelines or contact the institution of your choice for more information.
Scholarship Value, Benefits & Duration
Each successful student for MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at University of Toronto will receive
- If selected, you will receive a scholarship equivalent to the costs related to attaining a Bachelor’s degree, including travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food, and living expenses. You will also receive financial, academic, social, and post-graduation support which will enable you to build experiences and competencies critical for academic success.
- Internships: The program includes two unpaid internships. The first will take place in the Toronto area for three months during your second summer to provide local practical work experience and skills. The second internship will take place in Africa during your third summer.
- There will be funds available to help you with the cost of a passport. If you do not own a passport, the program will aid in passport applications and related costs.
This scholarship is open to students who are residents and citizens of a Sub-Saharan Africa country. You must be a first-time applicant to the University of Toronto who has not yet begin university study elsewhere.
To aim consideration, you must meet all of the listed criteria:
- You should be a resident and graduating high school student of a country within sub-Saharan Africa.
- Should be graduating from a well recognize secondary school in your locality or have the necessary academic requirements.
- Maintain a strong desire to return to Africa to assist and work towards regional socio-economic development.
- Have very strong academic results within your school system.
- Posses a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement.
- Demonstrate financial need correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of your country
- Fulfill the necessary English requirements (dependent on country)
All applicants should includes the following components
- A complete online application – all applicable sections must be filled out, including contact information, financial information, personal details and responses to essay questions.
- Financial documents and Transcript – upload a scanned copy of financial documentation and secondary school transcript and any other academic information.
- Two references – provide the names and contact details of two individuals who will serve as your referees. We will contact your referees directly and ask them to submit their letter of reference through a secure website.
Please kindly visit the official scholarship website for your application and further enquiries, you are expected to follow the application guidelines carefully and make sure you follow the steps as stated: https://studentlife.utoronto.ca/department/centre-for-international-experience/