The Islamic development bank scholarship is gradually becoming one of the most famous scholarships in the world.
You can hardly discuss prestigious scholarships without mentioning the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship. Similarly, the IsDB has completely changed the stories of many students who are beneficiaries of the programme.
IsDB Scholarship recognises the importance of skilled human resources, social advancement and sustainable development, but the IsDB has made a huge contribution in addressing human resources development in member countries alongside its development financing activities. see also MTN Foundation Scholarship 2020/2021| How To Win MTN Fully Funded Scholarship For Nigerian Undergraduates
The IsDB Scholarship wants to sponsor the education of young meritorious students from all its member countries including African countries, above all, the aim is to fund the education of students from low-income households.
However, the scholarship will help you to acquire skills that will enable you to make immediate contributions to the development of the socio-economic wellbeing of your community.
About Islamic Development Bank Scholarship
IsDB Scholarship was first awarded in 1987 with the objective to provide funds for top-performing students to successfully complete their education with ease.
This scholarship has helped several thousands of students from the Muslim community in every member country to study in one of the top universities in the world.
Host Country: All Muslim member countries, for Example- Nigeria, Cameroun, Togo etc
Institutions: Cambridge University, University of Oxford, Queen Mary University London, Copenhagen University Demark and McGill University Canada are all participants.
Level: Undergraduates, Postgraduates and PhD programmes are all included in the scholarship.
Duration: Four (4) Years for Undergraduate Programmes, Two (2) years for Masters Degree Programmes and Three (3) years for PhD and Post Doctoral Research programmes.
Number of Scholarship: The scholarship number to be awarded is not specified.
Islamic Development Scholarship amount is stated, however, the scholarship will cover, monthly stipend, tuition fees, accommodation, air tickets and other relevant expenditures attached to the course of study and the general study programme.
Apply for one of these scholarships.
Partners of Islamic Development Bank
IsDB is so successful in providing scholarship funds to students because it continues to partner with big players in most of its member countries.
consequently, IsDB is currently partnering with the following boards to make the scholarship available every year.
- Council of Education in Turkey.
- Moroccan Agency for International Cooperation (AMCI) in Morocco.
- The National University of Uzbekistan.
- Ministry of Education Malaysia.
- Tashkent University of Information Technologies which have been generous enough to provide places for IsDB students on free or subsidized fees.
Only students who meet the eligibility criteria will be considered for this scholarship, therefore, you are advised to possess the following criteria before applying.
- You must be a Citizens of any of the Islamic Development Bank member countries or Muslim communities in non-member countries.
- Should complete high school with minimum good grades in major subjects or
- Currently studying in the first year at one of the top public/government universities in their own countries or
- Member countries having an agreement with the Islamic Development Bank ie. Malaysia, Morocco and Turkey.
- Not a recipient of other scholarships
- Must be medically fit and willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
How to Apply for Islamic Development Bank Scholarship
Visit the scholarship website for your application. https://www.isdb.org/scholarships/undergraduate
To check for available courses use the link.