Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships is funded by Flemish Ministry of Education, the ministry of education awards scholarships for master’s programmes in Flanders and Brussels to academic outstanding students, who has exhibited notable leadership behavior from around the world. The programme aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as a top study destination, more especially in science and technology.
About Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships
The scholarship currently takes (holds) in any of the under listed universities:-
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
- Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- LUCA School of Arts
- PXL University College
Levels and fields of study includes: all eligible Masters Degree Programmes offered at participating Flemish Institutions except preparatory programmes; bridging programmes; or distance learning. The number of scholarship over 35 per a year, and its targeted at International students from all the countries in the world. There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2), USA (5).
Scholarship Value, Benefits and duration
Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships includes a grant of €8,200 plus a tuition fee waiver per academic year. The Scholarships holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee. The Flemish Host Institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of maximum €111.9 per year.
The duration of mobility is one academic year for a Master programme of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master programme of 120 ECTS.
The followings are the major eligibility criteria for application and selection, therefore applicants must adhere strictly to these criterias:-
- Applicant must apply to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- Applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0.
- Applicant should has a good knowledge of the English language (please check the official website for the specific requirements)
- The student has to be accepted by the Host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the Host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships programme, this criterion applies.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot
Intending students cannot apply directly. The application needs to be submitted online by the Flemish host institution. Deadline of applications is 30 April 2021. You must check the internal deadlines set by the Flemish Host Institution, which varies and falls between 1 February-15 March 2021.
It is important to read the How to Apply page, Please kindly visit the official scholarship website for your application and further enquiries, you are expected to follow the application guidelines carefully and make sure you follow the steps as stated: https://www.studyinflanders.be/scholarships/master-mind-scholarships