Fulbright Scholarship for International Students, the Public Affairs Section of U.S. Mission in Nigeria is glad to announce the annual call for applications for Fulbright Scholarship for International Students for the 2021/2022 academic year. Fulbright Scholarship for International Students is a Research Program funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE) in New York. See also Federal Government of Nigeria 2020/2021 Bilateral Educational Agreement Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduates, Masters and PhD Students To study Overseas
Purpose of Fulbright Scholarship
The FFSP program is designed primarily to strengthen capacities of African Universities through higher degree training and to expand the potentials of their academic staff. It’s targeted at young and exceptionally talented promising faculty members who wish to conduct their Doctoral Research in the United States of America. See also Fully Funded Mastercard UCT 2020/2021 Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship for African Students
Applicants of Fulbright Scholarship must be two years into their Doctoral program in any discipline at any NUC accredited Nigerian University or Research Institute at the time of application.
Benefits Fulbright Scholarship For International Students:
- The Scholarship/grant covers the grantee’s round-trip airfare to the U.S,
- A settling-in allowance,
- A Monthly stipend,
- A Housing allowance,
- Books-and-supplies allowance and
- A Computer allowance.
- The Scholarship/grant also covers basic University Health Insurance as a primary insurance coverage and the Fulbright ASPE health benefit as secondary coverage.
The grant does not cover travel of dependants; hence grantees will not be allowed to travel with spouse and children to the United States.
Fulbright Scholarship for International Students is highly competitive, particularly in the fields of Journalism, Communication, and Business Administration, Sciences such as Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Engineering related disciplines
Field of Study
- Journalism/public relations/media studies.
- Agriculture/food science.
- Environmental Science.
- International Relations.
- Political Science.
- Public Administration/Policy.
- Public Health and Tourism.
Fulbright Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be citizens or Nationals of Nigeria, or permanent residents holding a valid passport issued by the government of Nigeria.
- Applicants must be DOCTORAL OR PHD students who have completed a significant amount of their doctoral program in Nigerian universities and have the endorsement of their home institution.
Note: MASTERS and First-Degree applicants are NOT qualified to apply for this program.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must take their first TOEFL exam by May 2020.
- Applicants must meet the minimum score on required standardized tests (TOEFL: a score of 90)
- Applicants must have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program as scheduled and to returning home.
- Only applicants with strong proposals, outlining their research objectives, methodology, time-frame, and justification for conducting the research in the U.S. will be short-listed for interviews.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not studied in the U.S.
- Those in business, law and accounting should understand that most U.S. institutions rarely accept research students in these fields due to high demand for full-time programs and tuition concerns. Therefore, we face great challenges in finding placements for such grantees unless their proposals are tilted toward economics, development-related areas, democracy, human rights and conflict resolution.
Apply for Federal Government Teaching Recruitment
Apply here https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2021
All applicants must fill out the application forms completely and attach their supporting documents online ie
- Academic and professional references
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended and
- Writing sample.
- An online application which includes:
- A clearly written research objective.
- Professional resume.
- Three letters of reference specifying the personal, academic and professional competence of the candidate (submitted electronically and attached to the online application).
- Student copy of academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended should be scanned and attached to the online application if available.
- TOEFL score report.
Hard copies of official academic transcripts from higher institutions should be forwarded to our office by regular mail.
For Candidates in the South/ South- East/ South West of Nigeria please address the envelope to Fulbright Program Officer, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Consulate General, 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
For Candidates in the North-Central/North-East/North-West of Nigeria please address the envelope to the Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja
Applicants with specific questions not addressed by the online application instructions may e-mail them to Nigeriafulbright@state.gov
The Fulbright program is a popular program, the Public Affairs Office will ONLY NOTIFY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES.
Apply for Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2020