DAAD scholarship for Masters in Germany (German Academic Exchange Service) (DAAD) is a scholarship program initiated to sponsor foreign graduates from developing , developed and recently industrialized countries from all over the world and from all subject disciplines and with a minimum of two years’ professional experience in relevant study areas with the opportunity to receive a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a Doctoral degree programm, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany. See also University Of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship 2021/2022
About DAAD Scholarship For Masters In Germany
DAAD Master’s & Development related Postgraduate course (EPOS) holds in all German Universities.
How To Get DAAD Scholarship In Germany
The minimum requirement to apply for a DAAD scholarship normally is an IELTS (band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score 550 paper based, 213 computer based and 80 internet based). German: For those courses taught in German, a DSH 2 or Test DaF 4 certificate is necessary for matriculation.
Level /Fields of Study
Level and fields of study includes all Masters or PhD courses in Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics;- Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies. Please check the complete list of eligible development-related postgraduate courses for 2022/2023.
Number of DAAD Scholarship
The number of scholarship is not specific but DAAD offers huge number of scholarship per annum.
DAAD Scholarship is targeted at graduates with a minimum of two years’ professional experience from the following countries: list of eligible countries
Scholarship Value, Benefits & Duration
DAAD scholarship benefits includes monthly payments of 861 Euros for graduates or 1,200 Euros for Doctoral candidates;- payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding. Scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) for Masters and 42 months for PhD.
How To apply for DAAD Scholarship For Masters
- When applying for a Study Scholarship, you must submit a letter of motivation.
- When applying for a Research Grant, you must submit a detailed proposal.
- Submit a reference from a university teacher.
DAAD Scholarship Requirements For Masters
Interested applicants should possess the following criteria to be considered
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
Applicants should submit they application directly to the respective course. Candidates should refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course, all applicants should submit application before August-October 2021.
Please kindly visit the official scholarship website for your application and further enquiries, you are expected to follow the application guidelines carefully and make sure you follow the steps as stated: Official Scholarship Website: https://www2.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/?status=3&origin=190&subjectGrps=F&daad=&intention=&q=&page=1&detail=50076777