DAAD Helmut Schmidt Masters Scholarships is an extensive scholarship program initiated by DAAD to sponsor exceptionally talented students for Public Policy and Good Governance Programmes, DAAD will offer good number of scholarships to graduates from developing countries to give desirous students the chance to study and obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are of high special relevance for social, political and economic development.
About DAAD Helmut Schmidt Masters Scholarships
Deadline: 31st July, 2021
Next Course: Start between September and October, 2022
Institution: DAAD scholarships are awarded for selected Master courses at any participating German institutions of higher education listed below:
- Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg: MA Analysis and Design of Social Protection Systems (Blended-learning)
- University of Duisburg-Essen: MA Development and Governance
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Universität Magdeburg: Peace and Conflict Studies (MA)
- Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit Organisations
- Universität Passau: Development Studies (MA)
- University of Passau: Master of Governance and Public Policy
- University of Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)
All the courses have an international orientation and are taught either in German and / or English Language.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Target group: DAAD scholarship scheme is open to all applicants from:
- Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Latin America
- Asia and the Pacific
- South-Eastern Europe;
- Eastern Europe
- Central Asia & South Caucasus
- Middle East North Africa
All successful applicants for DAAD scholarship within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme will be exempted from tuition fees and DAAD will pay a monthly scholarship rate of €861 to each applicant. The scholarship will also cover health insurance in Germany, travel allowance, a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
Prior to their study programmes, all scholarship holders will also receive a 6 (six) months German language course.
All applicants for DAAD Scholarships must adhere to this essential selection criteria as stated below:
- Higher education degree obtained with above average results (top third of graduates)
- Language certificates (requirements vary depending on the respective course of study)
- Political and/or social involvement (see above ‘Target group’) is considered an advantage
Evidence of internships and/or professional experience is also taken into account positively
- A conclusive account of the applicant’s academic and personal motivation for the study endeavour in Germany and for choosing and prioritising the courses of study
- An account of the applicant’s perspectives upon returning to their home country or region
Note: The following groups are not eligible:
- Applicants who obtained their most recent higher education degree more than six years before submitting their application.
- Candates who have resided in a country that is not included in the DAC list of developing and emerging countries for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline.
All applicants should submit their applications for the selected master`s courses and for the DAAD scholarship to the respective universities only (not to DAAD). You Should indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Programme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance).
Please kindly visit the official scholarship website for your application and further enquiries, you are expected to follow the application guidelines carefully and make sure you follow the steps as stated: Official Scholarship Website:https://www.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/?status=&origin=&subjectGrps=&daad=&q=public%20policy&page=1&detail=50026397