Connaught International Scholarship for Doctoral Students is a cost-sharing initiative intended to help graduate units in recruiting and supporting top international students by providing a top-up scholarship to each student, which will be paid in addition to the program’s normal funding package provided by the graduate unit. Connaught International Scholarship aim is to assist and fund academic research in various dimensions to help improve the world skills and technical needs at various levels. See also Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2020
Connaught International Scholarship Value & Duration
- The scholarship is provided as a $10,000 top-up, in addition to the program’s normal funding package (base amount + tuition and fees), to a combined total of no less than $35,000 annually;
- The graduate unit is responsible for providing recipients with the normal level of program funding, which may consist of various internal and external funding sources, including awards such as a University of Toronto Fellowship (UTF) or departmental endowed award, on-campus employment such as teaching assistantships and/or research assistantships;
- The cost of UHIP (University Health Insurance Plan) coverage is in addition to the cost of tuition and incidental fees and should be factored into the program’s funding for Connaught Scholars; and
- The Connaught is renewable on an annual basis in accordance with the program’s normal period of funding (e.g. for a total of 4-5 years) provided the student remains eligible, in good academic standing, and meets the terms and conditions of the award. A 5th year is available for programs that have a 5-year funding commitment. See also BEA Scholarship 2020
To be eligible for Connaught International Scholarship:
- You must be international applicants (Citizens and permanent residents of Canada are ineligible).
- You must not be currently registered in a degree program at the University of Toronto.
- You must HAVE been or will be offered admission to a full-time doctoral program, with a funding commitment beginning September of the upcoming academic year; and
- You must have achieved an A- average in each of the last two years of full-time study.
- Must remain eligible, in good academic standing, and meet the terms and conditions of the award regularly.
- You must register and remain registered as a full-time student (a change in status may result in suspension or termination of payments and/or returning funds already received).
- You must maintain an A- average, and be making satisfactory progress toward the completion of their degree as determined by their graduate unit in order to maintain the award;
- Who transition to permanent residency status after receiving the first instalment of the award will continue to be eligible for the balance of their renewable scholarship. A change in legal status after receiving the first instalment does not affect the awardee’s eligibility to continue holding the award;
- Recipients may concurrently hold other awards at any value, with the exception of Tri-Agency awards of a value over $20,000. Apply for Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service
Nominations are made in the graduate units during winter session based on admission applications.
Intending students are advice to contact the graduate unit when applying for admission to the University of Toronto.
Admission application deadlines are set by the individual graduate units.
If you need Quality Business Plan for your business, project topic & materials, Laptops, All In One Computers, Investment Ideas, Business consultation etc. Call Us on 09038450128