China Oxford Scholarship Fund (COSF) is a scholarship program specifically designed for People’s republic of China, Hong kong and Macau who how has gotten admission to pursue postgraduate degree studies on a full time basis at the prestigious University of Oxford, in Uk. The China Oxford Scholarship Fund will be awarded to over Twenty (20) brilliant students from China.
Preference will be given to students who are coming to United Kingdom for studies for the first time, and to students who has shown strong academic prowess in they filed of studies, with good leadership quality and visible demonstration to make significant contribution to the development of China after studies.
About China Oxford Scholarship Fund
Host Institution: Oxford University
Country: United Kingdom
Target Group: People’s Republic of China
Number of Scholarship: Twenty (20)
Duration: 1 years
The China scholarship partnership with Chiness government has many packages put together for indigent students of People’s republic of China, below are several Scholarships available:-
- China Oxford Scholarship Fund grants up to 20 awards annually with amounts ranging from £2,000 to £20,000. All the awards are open to any subject. However, some have preferences for a particular area of study or a particular college at the University of Oxford.
- China Oxford Award – £5,000 or higher. Open to any subject. Number of awards, usually about three to four, vary each year depending on applicants.
- Hoare Family Award – Up to £5,000. Preference will be given to those studying in social sciences. This Award is made possible with support from Alexander Hoare & The Golden Bottle Trust.
- The Spirit of Hong Kong Award – £5,000 up to a maximum of £7,500. Preference to pharmacology, biochemical or medical-related research but, depending on applicants in any given year, not to be a restrictive criteria.
- Tang Oxford Award – Up to £18,000. Preference is given to mainland Chinese students studying environmental sciences.
- Oxford China Simon Li Scholarship – £5,000. Preference is given to those studying in the area of education, language or the social sciences of the internet. This Scholarship is sponsored by Oxford University Press (OUP) in memory of its late OUP Director for China, Simon Li.
- Hon China Scholarship – Up to £20, 000 and available when funds allow. Preference is given to those studying law, politics or international relations. The Scholarship is sponsored by Dr Johnny Hon and The Global Group.
- Wei Oxford Award – Up to £5,000. The Award was established in memory of the late Wei Dong, founder of the Yongjin Group.
- Winkler Oxford Award – Up to £5,000. Preference will be given to those studying in the area of medicine or psychology.
- Pay It Forward Award – £10,000 to £12,000. May be given as two awards. Open to any subject. The Award was established by a group of former Oxbridge scholars.
- Brian Keelan Award – £6,000 or higher. Preference is given to students studying philosophy, history, theology, classics, English literature, Byzantine studies and Medieval studies. Applicants attending University College are also given preference. The Award was established in memory of Brian Keelan who studied PPE at University College, Oxford. Where possible it is hoped that the Brian Keelan Award recipient would attend University College. Any successful Brian Keelan Award recipient accepted into University College may benefit by the College contributing to the College fee. Acceptance to University College can happen as a result of it being specified as the college of preference and a direct offer made or alternatively a successful candidate to another college could be transferred to University College. This tie-in is at the discretion of University College. The Award was established by friends and loved ones of the late Brian Keelan.
- Thomas Wong Award – £5,000 up to a maximum of £7,500. Open to any subject.
- Yan Oxford Award – Up to £3,000. Open to any subject.
- China Oxford Award in Computer Science – £2,000 and available when funds allow by the B & J Lloyd Family Trust.
- Magdalen Award – Up to £5,000. First preference given to Magdalen College students; if this is not met, consideration goes to students from all colleges reading Computer Science or Engineering.
- China Oxford Honorary Awards – £2,000 each. Open to any subject. Available to candidates for academic excellence and extra curricular leadership, but with no perceived financial need. Numbers vary each year.
You can also apply for the following scholarship opportunities
Top sponsors of China Oxford Scholarship Fund
Below are the top sponsors of China Oxford Scholarship in previous years and their donations:
- Westminster Foundation – £7,500 Grosvenor Oxford Award available per year from 2005 to 2010.
- Garfield Weston Foundation – £19,000 Weston Scholarship available per year from 2013 to 2015.
- The Wolfson Foundation – Two £12,500 Wolfson China Scholarships available per year from 2008 to 2014.
- Oxford University Press – £5,000 Oxford China Simon Li Scholarship available per year from 2013 to 2023.
- The Global Group – £15,000 Johnny Hon China Scholarship available per year from 2006 to 2009. When funds allow, up to £20,000 available per year from 2015 to 2025.
- William SD Louey Educational Foundation – Scholarships available when funds allow.
- Pay It Forward Initiative by the Louey Educational Foundation Scholars – £22,000 Scholarship funds for 2016-2017.
- B & J Lloyd Family Trust – £2,000 China Oxford Award in Computer Science when funds allow.
To be eligible for China Oxford Scholarship Fund Post-graduate awards programme,
- Participating student must be a Chinese citizen with a valid PRC passport, SAR Hong Kong passport or SAR Macau passport.
- Student must be ordinarily resident in the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong or Macau
- Must have an official offer or official conditional offer to study full-time for a postgraduate degree from the University of Oxford at the time of application.
- Graduate students who are already studying at the University of Oxford are also eligible to apply.
- You must provide a “confirmation of registration and student status” letter from the University of Oxford as part of their application.
- Please note that preference is given to those who will begin their first year of graduate studies at Oxford.
Selection Process for China Scholarship Fund
Preference is given to those who will be studying in the United Kingdom for the first time. The awards criteria are the following:
- Confirmed place for postgraduate degree study at Oxford
- Academic excellence
- Financial need
- Personal qualities, achievements and leadership potential
- A commitment to contributing to China
- Sufficient command of the English language to fully benefit from an award
Selection of short-listed applicants will normally be notified May – June and will be invited to interview with our Awards Panel in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong or Oxford. Interviews take place from June to July depending on the location.
Successful candidates will be notified usually in August and they must then provide reconfirmation that they will be commencing their degree studies for the coming academic year. Arrangements will be made normally in September for their scholarship cheques to be held at their college at the University of Oxford. The China Oxford Scholarship Fund will contact award recipients and provide details for the collection of the award payment.
All applicant are devised to complete the online application form for 2021-2022 academic year as the applications deadline of 24:00 HK time 15th April 2021 has now passed.
The application form for the 2022-2023 academic year will be available for download in December 2021. Please check back around that time for the form. The closing date for submissions will be 24:00 HK time on the 15th April 2022.
Please kindly visit the official scholarship website for your application and further enquiries, you are expected to follow the application guidelines carefully and make sure you follow the steps as stated: Official Scholarship Website: http://chinaoxford.org/
For more information or any queries about our scholarship programme, contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure your inquiries are in English.