Bangor University Stem Scholarship – British Council Women in STEM Scholarship supports a student who is interested in pursuing master’s studies in a any STEM subject starting in September 2021. Bangor University is looking for women with a strong background in STEM, who demonstrate their needs for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women to pursue careers in STEM.
The Scholarship recipients will receive a scholarship to study a master’s degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematical related programme (see the list of eligible courses below).
About Bangor University Stem Scholarship
British Council Women in Stem scholarship currently holds at Bangor University. See also Scholarship at Bangor University (2020) for students from Different Countries
Scholarship Value, Benefits & Duration
The scholarships award includes:-
- Tuition fees
- Online Pre-sessional Programme up to 3 months (if required) – students will need a minimum IELTS score 5.0, with no element below 4.0 or equivalent to qualify for the 3 month Pre-sessional (the requirement is .5 higher for courses marked with)
- A monthly stipend for up to 15 months (to include accommodation
- Special support for mothers – allowance to cover accompanying children
- A return economy class ticket
- Free English language test (if required)
- Visa application fee and NHS surcharge
- Airport Pick-up
Number of Scholarships
Bangor University will award Six scholarships under this scheme.
Study level includes Postgraduate Taught – A one year Masters course (from the list below) studied on a full time basis beginning in September 2021.
Eligible Courses for Bangor University Stem Scholarship
Eligible courses are listed below:
- Applied Marine Geoscience MSc
- Marine Biology MSc*
- Marine Environmental Protection MSc*
- Marine Renewable Energy MSc
- Physical Oceanography MSc
- Agroforestry and Food Security MSc
- Environmental Forestry MSc
- Conservation and Land Management MSc
- Environmental and Business Management MSc
- Molecular Biology with Biotechnology MSc
Computer Science & Engineering
- Advanced Computer Science MSc
- Advanced Data Science MSc
- Broadband and Optical Communications MSc
- Computing MSc (Conversion course)
- Computing for Data Science MSc (Conversion course)
- Electronic Engineering MSc
- Nanotechnology and Microfabrication MSc*
- Rise of the Machines MSc (Conversion course)
Health & Medical Sciences
- Advanced Healthcare Practice MSc
- Biomedical Science MSc
- Dementia Studies MSc
- Leading Quality Improvement MSc
- Medical Molecular Biology with Genetics MSc
- Public Health and Health Promotion MSc
- Clinical and Health Psychology MSc
- Neuroimaging MSc*
- Principles of Clinical Neuropsychology MSc
- Psychological Research MSc*
- Psychology MSc
Sports Health & Exercise Sciences
- Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology MSc
- Exercise Rehabilitation MSc
- Sport and Exercise Psychology (BPS Accredited) MSc
The eligible countries includes : – Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru and Venezuela.
To be eligible for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM, you must,
- Be a woman
- Have completed a relevant bachelor degree that meets the entry requirements for your chosen course at Bangor University or be able to demonstrate significant relevant work experience.
- Have submitted an application to study one of the eligible courses above at Bangor University starting in September 2021
- Have completed an undergraduate degree that will allow them to gain entry onto their chosen course at Bangor University
- Have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK
- Met the English language requirements of Bangor University – IELTS 6.0 (5.5)*or equivalent. The scholarships will fund an online Pre-sessional course up to 3 months. For the Pre-sessional students will need a minimum IELTS score 5.0 or equivalent, with no element below 4.0 (the requirement is .5 higher for courses marked with)
- Demonstrate a need for financial support
- Return to their country for a minimum of two years after the scholarship has ended.
Application Procedure & Instructions
Applicant must have applied for his chosen course at Bangor University before Monday, 15 March. All your supporting documents must be submitted in English or with an English translation. Any applications providing supporting documents in Spanish/Portuguese only, without an English Translation, will be withdrawn immediately.
Step 2: Check your Eligibility for the scholarship and carefully read the conditions listed above.
Step 3: Complete the scholarship application form provided on the right-side panel. Please note the scholarship application form must be completed in English.
Step 4: Email the completed application form along with a copy of your offer letter from Bangor University (if you have one) to Kerry Marie Jones at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 26 March, 2021.
- Submit your application to Study your chosen course at Bangor University by Monday 15th March.
• Submit your application for the British Council Women in STEM Scholarships 2021 by Friday 26th March.
Please kindly visit the official scholarship website for your application and further enquiries, you are expected to follow the application guidelines carefully and make sure you follow the steps as stated: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/international/stem-scholarship