ADB Scholarship University Of Auckland (Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program) aims to provide huge opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake Postgraduate studies in Economics, Management, Science and Technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region. The University of Auckland is one of the participating academic institutions for ADB Scholarship. See also University Of Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarship 2021/2022
About ADB Scholarship University Of Auckland
This scholarship holds at university of University of Auckland, New Zealand The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB – JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Japanese government
Level & field of Study
The University of Auckland programmes covered by this scholarship scheme are limited to the followings:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Masters Programmes in Engineering
Number of Scholarships
The number of scholarships award is not specified on the University portal, but over the years the university has maintained annual routine of huge scholarships award to International Students.
Institution: University Of Auckland
Programm: Master’s Degree (Course)
Deadline: 19 July 2021 (Annual)
Course starts 2022
Nationals of an ADB borrowing member
Scholarship Value & Benefits
ADB-JSP scholarship will:-
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
- Airfare from the scholar’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
- Basic cost of living in Auckland.
- Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
- Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar’s home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
Candidates should possess the following criteria to be considered:-
- Should be a national of an ADB borrowing member. For a list of current developing member countries visit ADB – Japan Scholarship Programme.
- Have gained admission to an approved masters at an approved academic institution.
- Have a Bachelors degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- Must be at least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Proficient in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Under 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programmes which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the programme.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must submit the following documentation in full prior to the closing date:
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet
- Completed ADB-JSP Application Form
- Copy of your offer letter to the University of Auckland
- Academic documentation – both academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Certificate of Employment for the duration of employment issued by the company
- Certificate of Income issued by the company
- Certificate of Family Income issued by the company. Must be either your parents or spouses annual/monthly income.
- Copy of your Passport
- Valid IELTS test
Eligible students for this scholarship are students who has gained admission to one of the enlisted postgraduate programme and has received offer of place from the University.
Please kindly visit the official scholarship website for your application and further enquiries, you are expected to follow the application guidelines carefully and make sure you follow the steps as stated: Official Scholarship Website: https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/for/international-students/is-scholarships-loans-and-funding/is-asian-development-bank-japan-scholarship.html