The Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service is glad to announce its annual job recruitment/enlistment for interested and qualified candidates for 2020. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 28. The online registration starts on 7 September 2020 and closes on 5 October 2020/2021.
This article contains every single guideline required by interested applicants on how to successfully submit an application on the Nigerian Navy portal www.joinnigeriannavy.com. Over the years, this platform is one of the best sources for job seekers, more especially Federal Government of Nigeria Recruitment.
The Nigerian Navy is a branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces, a top security outfit in Nigeria, whose core objective is to secure/protect the nation from security threats in the land and Nigeria water borders. For example, Calabar- Cameroun border, Niger Republic, Ghana, Chad etc
About Nigerian Navy Recruitment
Nigerian Navy was established many years ago with the aim of strengthening Nigeria security outfit. One of the main is to protect the Nigerian Nation from External forces, checkmating goods coming into Nigeria through the Nigerian Borders.
The Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service entry requirements and categories are listed below.
Category A: Seaman:
- Must have BSc/HND in the following disciplines:
- Nautical Sciences.
- Forensic Sciences.
Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage to the applicant.
Category B: Accounts and Budget
- Must have Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting/Banking and Finance. Membership of professional bodies like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage to the applicant.
Category C: Chaplain:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
- Catholic Mission.
- Protestant Mission.
- Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from pastoral missions.
Category D Education:
- Must have Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)/ B.Sc Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD Education in the following fields are also eligible:
- English Language.
- Library Science (B.Sc)
- Computer Science.
- Guidance and Counseling.
- French Language.
- Chinese Language.
- Arabic Language.
Category E Engineering:
B.Sc or B Eng qualifications in the following fields:
- Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
- Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering.
Category F Human Resource Management:
B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in:
- Human Resources Management.
- Personnel Management.
- Public Administration.
Category G Hydrography:
B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
- Physical Oceanography.
Category H Imam:
BA/MA in Islamic Studies in the following:
- Islamic Studies (Qira’at).
- Islamic Studies (Hadith).
- Islamic Studies (Jurisprudence).
- Islamic Studies (Theology).
Category I Information:
B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
- Mass Communication.
- Public Relations.
- Printing Technology.
- Television Production.
- Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
Category J Information and Communication Technology:
B.Tech/ B.Eng/B.Sc/ in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualifications in:
- Website Development and Management.
- Networking and Network Administration.
- Programming Multimedia and Software Development.
- Server and Database Administration.
- Information and Cyber Security.
Interested applicants should the Nigerian Navy application portal on www.joinnigeriannavy.com
Applicants are advised to read the guidelines properly and also check the eligibility criteria before submitting an application.