Nigerian Air Force Short Service (NAF) has announced 2021 recruitment/enlistment into both Graduates and Postgraduates into its annual Direct Short Service program. The force headquarters made this year recruitment announcement through its official Facebook page. NAF announced that this year’s recruitment/ enlistment will begin on the 26th day of July and close on 30 August 2021.
Nigerian youths who are within the ages of 20-30 years for ordinary cadre, Medical consultants age must be within 25-40 years and Chaplain/ imam age is 20-32 years respectively, are advised to visit the Nigerian Air Force Short Service (DSSC) recruitment platform to complete online registration.
Please note that all application is done online and must be completed within this registration period, always avoid late registration!
Basic Requirement for Enlistment into Nigerian Air Force Direct Short (DSSC)
- Applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria, dual citizenship is not accepted
- You must be between the ages of 20 and 30 years for ordinary cadre by 30 September 2022, 25 – 40 years for Medical Consultants, 25-32 years for Chaplin and imam position.
- Applicants must be single
- Your height must be between 1.66 metres or 5.4ft for males and 1.63 metres or 5.3ft for females.
- You must be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards before application.
- All applicant’s Local Government Area Attestation Form should be signed by a high ranked military officer from the same State of applicants, the officer should not be below the rank of :
- Wing Commander in the Nigerian Air Force,
- Equivalent in the Nigerian Army,
- Nigerian Navy or
- Police Officer of the rank of Assistant Commissioner
- Local Government Area Chairmen/Secretaries and
- Magistrates from the Local Government Area of the applicants.
Subsequently, each Local Government attestation form must be accompanied by the passport of photography and photocopy of the accompanied by the passport photograph and photocopy of the signees’ Driver’s license or National ID Card or international passport. The signee must also authenticate behind the applicants’ passport photograph.
Documents Required for Application
- Original and photocopy of birth certificate or deceleration of age
- Educational certificate
- Certificate of indigene from the local government of origin
- Letter of attestation of Good Character signed by Officer of appropriate rank as specified in Paragraph 6.
Academic Qualifications NAF DSSC
All interested applicants must possess the following to be eligible for the enlistments into Nigerian Air Force Short Service.
- Applicants must have secured a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of the first degree and Upper Credit for HND holders.
- Credit in the English Language
- Mathematics and 3 additional credits in subjects related to the degree course of study. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- NYSC discharged certificate or NYSC letter of exemption
- Certificates of registration from relevant professional bodies
Positions Available for Enlistments into Nigerian Air Force Short Service
Applications are open for 22 different positions, which includes ie
- Aircraft Engineering,
- Armament Technology,
- Space Technology,
- Works and Services,
- Air intelligence,
- Medical officer
Click here to view the list of successful candidates for the year 2021Nigerian Air force Airmen and Airwomen Recruitment (click the link below)
Please visit the official website for further enquiries and step by step application procedures: https://airforce.mil.ng/