Fulbright Research Grant in Taiwan, the application is currently ongoing for international students who desire to study abroad. The grant application is only open for students who meet the eligibility criteria. Intending applicants are advised to read this article to ascertain the details of the grants. Embrace this opportunity, apply to stand a chance to study in Taiwan.
About Fulbright Research Grant
Fulbright Research Grant is open for all international students who desire to continue in the line of education. The grant is for Non-academic professionals, it will be awarded to professionals who are currently working in government or private institutions who wish to participate in learning projects in United State.
The grants will be awarded to successful students in the following fields of study.
- Arts: the areas of specialization in Arts includes: – Creative Writing, Performing Arts and visual arts.
- Education: students will be selected for: American, Chinese, or Taiwanese studies, International Exchange, International Education, TEFL and TCSL.
- Journalism & Media
- Management, Cultural Centers, Entrepreneurial, Minority affairs, Non-profit Organizations and Theater/ Arts
- Public Policy, Cultural Centers, Entrepreneurial, Minority affairs, Non-profit Organizations and Theater/ Arts.
- Services: Community, Human and Legal
Duration: The research program will span from 3- 10 months
Deadline: October 31, 2021
Number of Scholarship: Not specific
Host Institution: Taiwan University
You can also apply for the following scholarship opportunities
Scholarship / Grant Value/ Benefits
The Fulbright organization for Non-academic Professional is a partial grant for researchers from the relevant fields of study, however, successful applicants will receive:
- A fixed sum from US$5,550 to US$18,500, prorated over the grant period.
- Research allowance US$3,000
- Travel allowance: a round-trip, direct flight, economy-class air ticket (up to NT$60,000), and a baggage allowance of NT$20,000
- Possible placement services by IIE
- Prospective Fulbright participants should be aware that public health conditions, availability of consular services and travel, as well as U.S. institutional operating status and policies may affect their ability to travel to the U.S. and participate in academic programs.
Level of Study: Fulbright Organization for Non-Academic Professional Grant at
Taiwan is available and will be awarded to people to undertake research at Taiwan University.
Field of Study: The following under listed subjects have been carefully selected for
Fulbright research grant.
- Management Sciences
- Media studies
- Public Policy
- Senior employees (level 9+ in government service) currently affiliated with private or public organizations, or senior independent artists or literary and historical workers.
- Responsibilities related to the proposed project for at least 5 years
- Are recommended by the highest chief administrator of the home institution. (File the Leave Approval Form, the final page of the application instruction in the application system.) If applicants are independent artists or literary and historical workers, applicants have to ask related art or history institution administrators (e.g. Chair of the department of fine arts/ history, Director of the art museum).
- Sufficient English proficiency for successful completion of grant activity. If the applicant plans to take courses in a university, an iBT score report of 80 or an IELTS score report of 6.5 should be submitted. If the applicant plans to do research, an English proficiency certificate is still required and standardized tests such as iBT, IELTS, TOEIC or GEPT are recommended.
- Sufficient financial support for the visit plan (including tuition, travel expenses and roughly monthly expenses $1,500). Applicants have to provide evidence of financial support from personal savings and/or institutional contributions to cover remaining expenses for the duration of the proposed study/ research.
- The duration of grants ranges from 3 to 10 months. The grants must begin no earlier than August 1, 2022. They must end no later than August 31, 2023. The grant should not be used in different stages.
- Meet the Grant Conditions and Provisions (Eligibility & Visa)
How to apply for Fulbright Research Grant
All applicants are advised to complete the application before October 31, 2021, for further application procedure and information, please visit: Application Instruction (PDF) for holistic guideline
- Hard copies of your completed online application form (filled in English, including application form, project statement, English CV, highest chief administrator approval form, financial statement of other
grants/ scholarships which will be used in the same period of Fulbright grant, and passport copy)
- Chinese CV (the translation version of your English CV with your cell phone number and mailing address. We’ll deliver the notification letter via post mail after the nomination list is confirmed.)
- English recommendation letters (if your referees do not want to complete recommendation letters online)
Click the link below to submit your application https://www.fulbright.org.tw/non-academic-professional-grants/